At least once a year a General Meeting is held. Votes representing shares can be cast at the General Meeting either personally or by proxy. No restrictions are imposed on these proxies, which can be granted electronically or in writing to the Company or to independent third parties. GrandVision shareholders may cast one vote for each share. All resolutions adopted by the General Meeting are passed by an absolute majority of the votes cast, unless the law or the Articles of Association prescribe a larger majority.
The Company’s Articles of Association detail the proposals that the Management Board may submit to the meeting and the procedure according to which shareholders may submit matters for consideration by the meeting, and can be found on the GrandVision corporate website.
Important matters that require the approval of the (Annual) General Meeting are:
- The adoption of the financial statements
- The declaration of dividends
- Any significant changes to the Company’s corporate governance
- The remuneration policy
- The remuneration of the Supervisory Board
- The Management Board’s discharge from liability
- The Supervisory Board’s discharge from liability
- The appointment of the external auditor
- The appointment, suspension or dismissal of members of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board
- The issuance of shares or rights to shares, the restriction or exclusion of preemptive rights of shareholders and the repurchase or cancellation of shares; and
- Any amendments to the Articles of Association.
GrandVision’s 2019 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) will be held on 26 April 2019 in Haarlemmermeer, the Netherlands.